This year’s Christmas Pageant, under the direction of Calvin Bushman, will be an “en promenade”–style production where the audience will experience the journey of Joseph and Mary and the birth of the baby Jesus in new and surprising ways! We will give the audience the chance to meet the shepherds, the animals, the kings, and all the participants in the pageant in places they never expected. All children ages 4 and older are invited to participate. You know your child best: how will s/he get the most out of this event? through audience, actor and/or musical participation?
The Children’s Choirs will provide musical leadership for the Pageant. Members of the Choirs are also asked to request one of the parts listed for your age group.
Parts to choose from:
- Primary Class: angels and animals (a variety of “beasts” available!)
- First & Second Grade: angels, animals, pages, Mary’s companions
- Third & Fourth Grade: angels, shepherds, townsfolk
- Fifth to Twelfth Grade: Mary, Joseph, Gabriel, Joseph’s angel, narrators, Caesar, innkeepers, senior shepherds, angels & animals, group leaders and kings (by vocal audition).
Group leaders (adults) are vital to the success of our performance.
The 2022 St. James’ Christmas Pageant Rehearsal Schedule:
Saturday, December 3
- 10:00 -12:00: Costume & Music sheet pick-up for all non-speaking parts
- 10:00 -12:00: Part and Scene rehearsal for speaking parts followed by costume pick-up
Saturday, December 10 (NO Angels or Animals)
- 10:00 – 11:00 Part and Scene rehearsal for speaking parts (Church)
- 11:00 – 12:00 Rehearsal for everyone but Angels and Animals. (Church)
Sunday, December 11
- 2:00 p.m.: Speaking parts run through (in Church)
- 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.: Everyone but Angels & Animals Dress Rehearsal (in Church)
- *3:15 p.m.: Angels to 2nd grade classroom, Animals to 3rd grade classroom
- 4:00 p.m.: Pageant performance
Please complete a registration form online, or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, November 23. Questions? Call Vicki, 212-774-4232.
Questions about Choir? Call Loraine Enlow, 212-774-4204, email@example.com.