For you, O Lord, are my hope,
my trust, O Lord, from my youth. Psalm 71:5
We encourage 6th-12th graders to find ways of making the church their own. We want our teenagers to know that they belong to the church and that the church belongs to them. Youth Group meets most Sundays from 10:15 until 11:00 a.m. Our youth serve as Ushers, Acolytes, choristers and lay readers at every 9:10 a.m. service. Special opportunities abound for both traditional and creative involvement in St. James’. Friends are always welcome! If you are a newcomer, we can't wait to meet you!
- Get Monthly Emails (click the box for "Youth @ St. James'").
- Join our Facebook Group (a closed group for St. James Youth to share photos, ideas, etc.).
- Contact Chris Harding to learn more about any of our Youth Programs.
Education (September through May)
- Join our Middle Schoolers for games, snacks, and to dive deeper into the Scripture for the day! Adult Youth Advisors oversee this time of fun and formation.
Confirmation Class for 8th Grade
Sundays, 10:15-11:00 a.m. in the Kinsolving Room (2nd Floor)
- Click here to learn about our year-long Confirmation program.
- If you are interested in getting confirmed, contact Chris Harding.
Youth Group (for grades 9-12)
Sundays, 10:15-11:00 a.m., in the Crowder Youth Room (3rd Floor)
Candid conversations about current events. After we share Highs & Lows from our week, we pick a topic related to the morning's Bible texts to be our theme. Join the conversation!
- Youth in 8th-12th Grade serve as Ushers and Head Ushers at the 9:10 a.m. service. Interested? Contact Chris Harding.
- Youth serve as Acolytes, read from the Bible, and lead Prayers at 9:10 a.m. Email Vicki Hall to get involved.
- Sing in the Choir with 3rd-12th Graders.
Youth Host the Friday Night Dinner Program (September through May)
2nd Friday of the Month, 5:30-9:00 p.m. in the Kitchen
- 7th -12th graders are in charge of St. James' Friday Night Dinner Program on the 2nd Friday of the month from September through May. We cook dinner, serve guests, and wash dishes at this seated, three course meal for 90 homeless guests. Friends and first timers welcome! RSVP to Chris Harding and meet in the kitchen.
Throughout the year, Middle and High School students participate in special events including overnights at the church and trips out of town, the annual Christmas Pageant and Good Friday Children's service, a Superbowl Party, Talent Show, etc. Youth are invited to join parish-wide events, like Homecoming, making Advent Wreaths, Shrove Tuesday supper, etc.
If you are interested in working with the Youth Group or chaperoning the Friday Night Dinner Program, contact Chris Harding.