St. Jamesians (20s & 30s)
St. Jamesians are parishioners in their 20s & 30s who meet regularly for spiritual activities, service projects, and social events. Newcomers and friends are always welcome. The purpose of our group is to connect young adults to one another and to the whole parish. We are here to help you find ways of being a part of this community that you find meaningful, and that bring you joy.
Connect with the St. Jamesians
- St. Jamesians Email Newsletter
- St. Jamesians Facebook Page
- Contact the Rev. Craig Townsend for introductions!
- Worship in Holy Week & Easter, March 29 - April 5
Sit with other St. Jamesians during Holy Week services! Meet on the right (south) side of the aisle by the 2nd column from the front. Contact Tricia Psychas for more information.
- Spring Series with the Rector: The Parables (#parables, #mustardseed)
Mondays, April 13 - May 11, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Spread the Good News and join the St. Jamesians’ hosted event as our fearless leader, the Rev. Brenda Husson, discusses the meanings behind the Parables in Scripture. All are welcome
- Hear pastor, author, and activist Nadia Bolz-Weber on Fri. April 17
A group from St. James' will be attending ($25 registration fee). Contact Sydney to learn more.
- Gather for a Day of Taizé on Sat. April 18
Contact Katie for more information about connecting with other St. James' parishioners.
- Welcome the Bishop to St. James' on Sun. April 26
The Bishop will visit St. James' to celebrate Confirmations at 9:10 a.m. and to preach at 11:15 a.m. St. Jamesians are invited to worship together at the 11:15 a.m. service.
- Help our Youth Group Host the Friday Night Dinner Program: March 13, April 10, May 8, 5:30 - 9:00 p.m.
St. James' weekly Dinner Program serves a seated, three course dinner to 90 homeless guests. Help the Youth Group take leadership of this awesome ministry. We'll teach you all you need to know! Find us in the Kitchen. Contact Sydney or Tricia to learn more or get involved.
- Serve for "Manhattan Mission Day" on Sat. March 21, 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Come join in on the fun with the St. Jamesians as we make and distribute lunches at St. Mary's Church, Harlem (126th and Amsterdam). 15 volunteers are needed (first come, first serve), so please RSVP ASAP to Tricia or Gilbert.
- Save the Date: Parish-wide Grants Benefit
This year's Spring Benefit will be a time for fun and fellowship as we raise money to support St. James' Grants Committee's beneficiaries, focusing on emergency food distribution. At the Opening Night Reception on May 5, get a first glimpse at the hugely popular Second Time Around Boutique and Antiques & Treasures, shop from a lovely selection of vendors, and enjoy fellowship over refreshments, including a wine tasting. Grab your friends and make this a memorable night out! On May 6, shop at Antiques & Treasures and select vendors, and enjoy special events throughout the day. You and your friends can linger over lunch or afternoon tea in our Spring Cafe. For more information, contact Grace Beacham.
- Host the Dinner Program with other young adults on Fri. May 29
We'll finish off the program year by hosting the Friday Dinner Program together. Contact Tricia to volunteer (or to be head chef!).
- Enjoy regular Sunday Brunches (September - May)
Meet with other 20s & 30s at coffee hour following the 11:15 a.m. service on the third Sunday of every month to go out for a no-host brunch in the neighborhood. This is a great event for both newcomers and regulars. Upcoming dates: March 15, March 29 (Palm Sunday Brunch), April 19, May 17
- Share an Agape Supper on Thu. April 2
The St. Jamesians will share a table at the parish-wide Agape Supper on Maundy Thursday. Join us at 6:00 p.m. to enjoy a simple meal of lamb stew, couscous, salad, and fruit, before the worship service at 7:00 p.m.
- Celebrate Easter Day at a Parlor Steakhouse brunch!
Join other 20s & 30s and the Rev. Ryan Fleenor at Parlor Steakhouse for a festive (self-funded) Easter brunch after the 11:15 a.m. service. Please RSVP to Susanna for an accurate head-count.
- Voice your Vote in the annual Vestry Election (Annual Meeting is May 10)
St. Jamesian Sydney McCutcheon is running for Vestry election this year. Learn more about St. James' elected governing body, when to vote, and all the candidates -- and make sure your voice is heard on May 10!